- JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- The Wholesale Credit Strategy team is a division of Corporate Risk, responsible for reshaping the end-to-end Credit experience across the firm's Wholesale business units (Corporate and Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Asset Wealth Management and Business Banking). The team drives Wholesale Credit transformation initiatives and develops solutions to deliver operational efficiencies, better decision making and improved controls across risk management processes. Focusing on both emerging regulations and developed credit risk issues, the team conceptualizes and designs new products, reengineers existing products and drives strategic changes to business processes.
- The team is comprised of motivated, forward thinking and high-talent individuals with a singular focus of delivering innovative solutions. The position will work across all Wholesale lines of business and partner closely with stakeholders in Credit Risk Management, Corporate Technology, Finance, Model Research and Development, Reporting and Wholesale Loan Operations.
ROLE SUMMARY :
- The group is looking for an Analyst to join our growing product team and own several data reporting and transformation initiatives. For this role, we are seeking a highly motivated individual who can marry technical skills with business acumen and execute on various data strategies and technology related initiatives.
This position is expected to :
- Develop data visualization and summarization techniques to convey key findings in dashboards and presentations to senior management
- Execute and support large scale data migration initiatives while ensuring data integrity and maintaining optimal application performance
- Collaborate and influence across functional teams to ensure successful execution of risk technology projects (e.g. SCRUM calls, product roadmap, etc.)
- Develop test plans for post technology releases in QA, UAT, and Production environments to ensure and maintain the integrity of the firm's financial data
- Perform ad hoc data analysis, using a variety of tools as well as scripting languages
- Participate in user acceptance testing for data related product enhancements, including testing for functional and non-functional requirements
- Create documentation to support data related initiatives and enhancements
- Code your solutions (this is a hands-on position requiring strong programming skills on Day-1)
QUALIFICATION / SKILLS :
- Bachelors or higher degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or any other quantitative field
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience analyzing large and complex data sets and working with relational databases
- Strong interpersonal skills to contribute in a team environment across departments
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written, as well as the ability to present to working groups and senior management
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, overlapping with New York's business hours
- Fluency in SQL with an ability to join large sets, perform deep dives and analytics to surface valuable insight
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A sense of design around data architecture
- Demonstrate experience building responsive user interfaces, data visualizations, and KPI reporting with dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview)
- Eagerness to contribute in a fast-paced, outcome-oriented environment
- Ability to leverage programming languages such as Python or R to support data analysis, dashboarding, backend testing, and automating workflows
- Experience utilizing Oracle or Cassandra as a database management system
- Experience with Agile methodologies within Software and Product Development
- Experience leveraging application performance monitoring tools for migration efforts and application up/down time - Splunk, DataDog, etc.
- Experience leveraging JIRA as a project management tool
- Understanding of finance and accounting principles