Job Functions: Technology, Strategic and Operational leadership
We are a fast-paced, mission-driven company that's addressing the massive market opportunity to sell solar-as-a-service in rural India. We- re building a world-class team committed to changing the way people buy solar. We are looking to expand from 7 branches to 160+ branches over the next 3 years. The business model runs on high volume of low value transactions and therefore needs IT-led workflows to support its day-to-day operations and scaling. In that sense, IT and BI are front-office.
We are seeking a dynamic, business-oriented AVP with scaling mindset to lead its IT and BI and take up the unique challenge of:
- Managing IT and BI as a front-office business role with responsibility for delivering business metrics;
- Leveraging our strong mission of bringing clean energy to rural homes to drive mission-minded result orientation in internal teams and external partners;
- Working at two levels- provide business continuity assurance for day-to-day operations whilst building scalable IT and BI systems that can be rapidly deployed and monitored across 160+ branches.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The key responsibility areas for the Engineering Lead will be primarily focused on following:
- Managing Business-As-Usual for the existing platforms and technology stack, IT Asset Management, IT Access Management, Digital Cloud Infrastructure Management, Release and Change Management of the existing platforms, and Customer Support pertaining to internal users and stakeholders. Defining SOPs and control processes to ensure the information control resides whilst ensuring flexibility of working with vendor partners as well and defining controls and processes related to IT with internal users as well.
- Driving Digital Transformation: Working along with stakeholders from other verticals like Operations, Process Controls, Finance, Hardware Product to carve out the requirements, translate the same into an IT requirement, Build and Execution of the functional Requirement into IT Software through vendor partners. Involved in the end to end execution right from business idealization or defining problem statement to carving out business requirements, Development, QA, Production rollout to Adoption at the ground level and measuring the RoI intended out of the release.
- Building softwares and systems for Non-functional adherences like Security, Logging, Auditing, Monitoring, Exception Management, Batch Private and Confidential Jobs Management, Performance and SLAs, Backup- s, Data Management - archival, purging and throughput. Working with Cloud infrastructure partners to ensure Develops KPI's are met.
- Building Systems for Operational and Business Intelligence: Process Assurance Reports wrt Functional and Technical aspects like Uptime Guarantees, Speed of processing, Batch Jobs executions, Financial Reports, Portfolio Metrics used by Operations team, Automation of MIS and Reports.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Define the strategy and execute the projects at fast pace
- Ability to drive the team and take architectural design decisions
- Manage vendors and partners
- Work on evolution of requirements along with Product, Operations & Controls, Finance teams
- Ensure adoption of the rolled out product by working closely with the ground level Operations, Sales and impacted verticals, understand and mitigate the practical issues in the adoption
- Exposure on varied technologies including Java, J2EE, MySQL, NoSQL, Distributed Caches like Aerospike and Memcache, Nginx, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, MVC Frameworks and other upcoming internet technologies
- Building applications for multiple consumer channels like Website, Mobile Site, Apps etc.
- Work with vendor partners to manage the infrastructure on AWS and other digital cloud infrastructure and optimizing infrastructure cost. Work on identifying cloud infrastructure partners and cloud server management
- Responsible for driving the coding, documenting and maintaining web applications in a fast paced project environment
- Responsible for high end product development
- Continuously upgrading and building new technology skills and methodologies
- Innovate, research, propose and discuss design with your peers drive technical and functional roadmap by doing field visits, doing workshops with ground level users of the system
As a Product Leader, you will oversee end to end development of product and will be responsible for the overall technical direction of the team. You will be the go to person for all things in tech - recruitment, management, architecture, troubleshooting and mentoring and growth of the entire team.
- You will decide and champion the overall technical direction of the tech team.
- You will guide, mentor and inspire a talented group of Engineers from various fields
- You will be driving processes in various teams internal or vendor managed for UI, QA, Product Management, Dev, DevOps.
- You will drive processes to ensure the experience across the channels Web, Mobile site and Apps are consistent
- You will ensure that the design consistency and guidelines are followed wherever necessary
- You will collaborate with the Product team and various other teams - Marketing, Operations, Business Development and the CEO to build the roadmap with features most important to our customers and internal stakeholders
- You will drive the design and architect applications for scale, reliability and security.
- You will drive the design and guide the setup and scaling of an infrastructure of applications on AWS or other digital cloud infrastructures through vendor partners
- You will build partnerships with vendors
- You will also be responsible for hiring and growing the team with top-notch engineers.
About the Candidate :
- You have at least 8 years of total experience and at least 2 years of experience leading teams.
- You have a working knowledge of developing and scaling applications built on Java, PHP, Python-based technologies
- You have experience of working on end to end product management from idealization to execution and adoption
- You have strong experience of working on ERP and CRM Softwares
- You have a fair understanding over skills like Caching, Queuing, Microservices, API development, MYSQL, NoSQL Databases, Memory management.
- You have good experience in deploying, scaling and managing applications on Cloud Infrastructure.
- You have exposure for building solutions for different consumer channels like Website, Mobile Sites (responsiveness and standalone), Android, iOS
- You have an unparalleled ability to troubleshoot problems making you the go to guy for all things technical.
- You have your pulse on technology, product management, best practices and processes followed as an industry standard and are able to impart this knowledge to your team